Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2022

I Know the Way


 
For me, one of the most visually stunning scenes in the entire movie is when Grandma Tala's spirit swims under Moana's canoe and then appears to Moana in human form, and later the voyaging ancestors make an appearance to Moana as well in
"I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)".  I love how vast the ocean feels, and that you can't determine where the ocean meets the night sky, except for the placement of the stars.

This pivotal moment of Moana's journey is the one that inspired "I Know The Way".  Deep azure and sea breeze blue with a touch of white reflects the image of Grandma Tala's manta ray spirit swimming though the night ocean to advise and encourage her granddaughter.


"I Know the Way" comes from Dizzy Blonde Studios.  The yarn is 434yds/115g of an amazingly soft 80% wool/20% silk blend and a joy in your hand whether you knit, crochet or do any other fiber art involving yarn.  It has a soft sheen with just the right amount of drape.  "I Know the Way" will pair perfectly with "The Journey Home" for your favorite two-color projects. 

Oh, and did I mention?  Part of the proceeds from the sale of both colorways will be donated to The Marine Science Center.  So, fabulous yarn AND contributing to an amazing cause?  I'd say this is a win for everyone!  Stay tuned for pricing and pre-order information, coming soon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ni karibu wakati

The time is almost here! Meeting Time:  Saturday, January 20th, 12:00 pm Meeting Location:  Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House ...